Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day

Today my son turned 4 months! He is a cherub if ever I have seen one.
Those of us who work with our hands from time to time can slow down a little and enjoy a great barbecue. Today we are grilling for our forefathers.
Yesterday we completed Paul's lavish Tortelli refurbish. He has Miche 165 mm cold-forged-machined crannks with a 48 tooth-machined chainwheel and a set of blue Phil Woods fix/fixed flip-flop hubset laced onto 32 hole Mavic rims. His Nitto bars and stem give the bike solid steering and his blue-stripe Soma Everwears stick to the road like glue.
His frame pad is sewn up custom by my wife and his Keirin grips hold the horns while his cruising is on the Oury BMX grips. Shimano 105 brakes up front with Cane Creek Cross top lever, and Campy Headset.
Those of you who are close by, come visit us and celebrate labor day with us.

WE got dogs and refreshments

2 comments:

  1. Got any dogs left? I want one.

    Hey, btw, what is your recommendation for chain lube. Peeps here are saying Triflow. What do you like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sell Tri-Flow. It is good. I like pedros Synlube a little better. It is a little more tenacious, and a little less prone to gunking-up.
    I also like the finish line synthetic lube too. But the best lube of all time that I have used was from my old friend Dan Diaz from the pacific northwest. We used to put on this annual race for Evergreeners called the Hellathon. It was in the black forest where they have now clear-cut all the trees and that ruined the BEST jeep road technical descent I ever rode: Studebaker hill. It was rutted with drop-offs and clay and smooth leaves and a soft bail of blackberry bushes at the end if you were going too fast.
    Anyway Dan Diaz had this concoction mainly of Chainsaw chain oil that he called Demon Semen. It was the best muddy weather chain lube ever. Road lube though, harder to find the perfect lube because there is always different mixtures of contaminants getting on the chain. That being said, nothing beats removing your chain and cassette and cleaning them in our safety Kleen solvent bath. Then re-applying the syn lube. When I was a messenger I did this on a weekly basis and it was the only thing I had to look forward to on a Monday and tuesday.

    ReplyDelete